Another month has FLOWN by and oh my goodness…it has been a busy one!
1. We MOVED! We have spent the last year building what we hope is our ‘forever’ home and it is finally finished! Moving while pregnant, and with a toddler, may not have been the best decision in the world, but we made it! We have 345309485 things to do/unpack/organize but I have been told to take it day-by-day (by friends and my doctor!). We are SO beyond grateful to have been able to build the house so I’m trying to maintain perspective among the absolute chaos.
2. Speaking of moving, this baby is moving–a LOT. I was told that I have an anterior placenta this go-around and I may not feel him a lot. I do, but it’s very different. He is LOW and the kicks feel like they are deep within my body this time.
3. Still have bad acne. And occasional migraines.
4. I have officially started planning for the nursery! I realized that this baby will be here before we know it and I’d love to get Cal in to his big-boy-bed sooner rather than later so I can get this crib in to the new baby’s room. Here’s a little inspiration I put together for this nursery…can’t wait to start ‘nesting’.
Keeping things cool, neutral with a ton of texture and a POP of mustard yellow for some color. I found a great fabric to reupholster the crib with too! Can’t wait to see how it all turns out! And then I need to figure out what I am doing for Cal’s room and the playroom in the basement–eep! The amazingly talented team at Sarah Catherine Collective has the rest of our house covered (omg can’t wait to share that too!), but there is something about the boy’s rooms that I just love to play with (although…I’m sure I’ll be pleading for her help VERY soon!).
5. My go-to belly oils/creams this time are Belli Oil and Palmer’s Cocoa Butter. Hopefully they work as well as last time and I remain stretch mark free!
6. I ventured down to Florida for some wedding planning a couple of weeks ago and it was great to see a few of my very best friends (VERY briefly) while being pregnant again so they could rub the belly :).
7. We took our Thanksgiving/”We have moved” card pictures this past month with Allison Kuhn Photography. Baby Hutch 2 made his debut in our family card (as a little bump). It was amazing what magic she could work in just a 4-minute shoot. LRT did my hair and makeup of course :). See them HERE.
8. I need to get more maternity clothing. My wardrobe is SO limited right now and the moms at Cal’s school drop off are probably growing concerned that I am always wearing the same outfit.
9. I started to get anxiety about how to manage mornings and evenings by myself with 2 kids…since Hutch travels a lot for work. Any advice? I assume I’ll just somehow make it work?!?!
10. We OFFICIALLY have a name picked out!!! I ordered some things with his name monogrammed on it. So it’s officially ‘official’ (at least in the South).
And here is my 23 week bump picture…in front of a new mirror in his new room (sad…tears!)….with a different shirt on (can’t find my usual right now!). I am up 6lbs and feeling this belly more and more each day. [Month 5 with Cal]