Month 4–woohoo! Finally feeling better. The 2nd trimester is so much better than the first. Just like last time…the top 10 thoughts of the month below!
1. Being pregnant with a toddler running around is a lot harder than with out one. I used to be able to nap at my leisure, sit down and rest…binge-watch Law & Order. Those were the days. They’re gone. Now Callahan wants to table-surf all day and throw things incessantly. First-time-moms…enjoy the quiet.
2. I have had bad acne again this time around. I’ve been getting facials with Priti at Le Petit Spa (also where I get my waxing done) and my skin is much improved. I’m on a totally new skin care regiment too since I turned 29 and realized 30 is quickly approaching (and so are my wrinkles).
3. Waking up to go to the bathroom a lot still…and a lot all day. Worse this time around!
4. Maternity clothing is in full-force. I have to unfortunately get a new wardrobe since I am pregnant at the exact OPPOSITE time as last year. Still wearing a lot of dresses, but as soon as it cools down I will have to head to the stores…
5. Round ligament pains are also in full-force. Along with some sciatic pain and tailbone pain. Month 9 should feel awesome.
6. I have felt movement for a few weeks already-which is nuts. I think I have another storm brewing in there and my dream of a ‘calm baby’ may never come true….
7. Callahan has 0 concept of the whole ‘brother’ thing…he’s too young.
8. A lot of people have told me that I am going to LOVE having 2 boys–which makes me even more excited about it!
9. My #1 craving this time has been lemonade…I’ve had to curb that habit because that is NOT good for you! I still indulge in the cookies though. Give me all the cookies.
10. I’ve started to think of some things that I will need double of…any advice would be much appreciated!
First purchase I’ve made is similar to the first purchase I made with Cal–the stroller. We’re obsessed with our Bugaboo so I went that route (after some confirmation from friends with the duo stroller!) for the Bugaboo Donkey Duo in Royal Blue (now my strollers are Gator colors–orange and blue! Did that on purpose.). We love the versatility of these strollers and hopefully the Duo does not disappoint!
I’m hoping to get Cal in to a big-boy bed around 18 months (someone please tell me that is do-able), and then reuse the crib for Baby Boy Hutch #2. I am even toying with the idea of reupholstering the sides of it. I know I can rely on our amazing interior designer Sarah Catherine to help me out here! I have no idea what I’m going to do for his nursery but I want to make it as special as the first!
I have been painfully suffering with terrible migraines lately (I did with Cal too but they seem worse this time around). I was on a 7-day-streak and at my wits end. I texted my Pilates instructor to let her know why I hadn’t been coming in and she rushed over with Essential Oils. My mom is a doctor, truthfully I don’t believe in this stuff. I am all about scientific-based medicine (which you mostly can NOT take during pregnancy). You guys, she rubbed these on me and my headache was GONE within minutes. Needless to say I overnight UPS-emergency-shipped these bad boys and am a total believer.
And here is a 16 week picture of the bump! Much bigger than last time, feeling lots of movement and loving it. Up 2lbs since my last weigh in and loving this sweet boy already.