Oops, a little late. I’m pregnant–my excuse for everything. So we will be combining the last 2 months here. This is it. The home stretch. As I sit and write this I realize I have 11 days…or less than 2 weeks left. That’s it. Yikes. This will hopefully be my last monthly post on this pregnancy (Lord help me if I’m overdue)!!!
Real talk–I’m getting very nervous. What if I can’t do this? What if I’m a bad mom? What if the ‘maternal instinct’ doesn’t kick in for me? What if I don’t like my baby…or worse, what if my baby doesn’t like me? What if I can’t breast feed? What if I can’t handle a baby and work? How do you swaddle??….all of these scary thoughts are crossing my mind. I hope that it’s normal… Hutch is confident that I’ll do great, and I’m confident that he will too. At least we have that :).
1. Nursery Update–the nursery is taking shape. A few critical items are still on backorder (like his bedding…oops!) but really important things like his teepee and hanging of the lion head are complete. I’ll share pictures when it is 100% done!
I’ve always loved Etsy, but love it even more now. Between Etsy and some other new favorite websites (my, how things have changed), I have found some really cute things! Here are some of my favorites:
(from top to bottom and left to right…) Pram Liner from Chuck and Taz. Strollers are so gosh darn expensive, I was thinking–what happens WHEN (not if) he has a total blow out in it?? This will help alleviate the ‘clean up’ that will come along with that and hopefully prolong the life of the stroller! This carseat arm pad will be a necessity for me as I’m pretty weak and will be using all of my strength to cart this babe around (plus the owner of the shop is a North Carolinian!)! One of my favorite little hand-made items in the nursery is this lion blanket. It’s just so unique and adorable. It sits beneath the teepee :).
As you can probably tell, there’s a lot of ‘orange’ happening here–the bottle warmer is no exception from Giggle. If it’s going to sit on my kitchen counter, I wanted it to be as cute as possible. Plus all of my Kitchenaid appliances are orange, so it fit right in. A few different people suggested Noodle & Boo for toiletries for the baby, and mmmm they smell GOOD. I am absolutely obsessed with all of the Boon food containers (orange of course!). I have received a bunch of them already! Another Etsy find from Alex & Ally -adorable burp cloths.
Something I had never heard of until I went and hung out with some new-mom-friends were Short Stack Jacks…genius (got them in orange, of course). Who says boys can’t have ‘dolls’–well this is my version from BlaBla Kids. And one final paci-clip from Alex & Ally… boy stuff IS cute as it turns out!
2. Nesting — this is a real thing. I constantly feel like I should be ‘doing’. Something. Anything. I open and close the drawers on his dresser multiple times a day. Why? I DON’T KNOW. It’s all organized, there’s nothing left ‘to do’ but I feel like it is my calling to be doing something at all times.
3. Weird dreams–the nightmares and odd dreams are in full force. I’m having twins, it’s a girl, there’s no baby in there…etc. It’s all quite bizarre. I dream almost nightly now that I have gone in to labor (crossing fingers that dreams DO come true–SOON!).
4. I had to miss my very best friends wedding on July 18th in France. Following doctors orders, I was not allowed to fly across the Atlantic Ocean to attend the nuptials. It was so bittersweet for me. I followed Instagram religiously that day and it looked absolutely amazing. Then they went to the Maldives on their honeymoon and I was (and still am) intensely jealous!!! Caroline Ghetes shot the wedding and Richard Israel + Timm Young filmed it. Can not wait to see all of their talent-ridden results!
5. Everyone keeps telling me to pack my hospital bag. Being that I used to work in consulting and Hutch and I travel quite a bit, packing for something a couple of weeks in advance is super unnatural to me. However, I have succumb to the pressures of pregnancy and at least STARTED this process. I have packed a few of the essentials that I purchased only for post-partum anyways so in to the suitcase they went!
6. Ollie+Otto have been cracking me up with this pregnancy. They LOVE to sit on the bump–love it. If I’m sitting, they are sitting on the bump, no questions asked. Here are just a FEW (I have hundreds) pictures of them lounging with their brother.
7. On July 19th, I had my final wedding pre-baby! Man it feels good to be done until October, but it was a very surreal moment. The Schultzes shot the wedding, and I sat reminiscing with Cheyenne about weddings we had together after her babies…and it was weird to think that it would now be ME ducking in to a back room to pump or worrying about the baby back home. I have a few meetings here and there before my due date, but I’m really taking it easy–I am very thankful it worked out this way!
8.. I eat ice-cream and cookies every.single.day. Need to kick this habit ASAP. Hutch has been a saint and will literally run out (perks of Uptown living by the way!) at any given time to get me cookies, donuts, icecream, popsicles, milkshakes…really should not be getting used to this!
9. Don’t forget about the cutest baby book by Mushy Books and the DISCOUNT CODE (*only until August 31st!) from this post HERE.
10. Discomfort does not even begin to describe these final weeks. I can’t eat, sleep or breathe–which, arguably are all essential to life. Despite Zantac and Tums, I still really struggle to eat and keep food down (sorry if that’s TMI). I’m waking up on average 3 times/night to go to the bathroom or battling acid reflux, and then Baby Boy Hutch thinks it’s a good time to party and get the hiccups…I spend a lot of my days propped up in bed sitting with my heating pad, because it’s the only place that I do find some comfort. Everyone keeps telling me it’s worth it though…so I’m just pushing through it!! You are welcome to come ANY time now sweet boy.
11. (I went over 10 because I’m so late on this post!) Just a final ‘THANK YOU’ to everyones love, support, prayers, advice etc. through the pregnancy. Nothing like a baby on the way to really see how much love and support others have for each other. I can see where the phrase ‘it takes a village’ comes from, and we are thankful to be armed with a pretty darn good one.
Here I stand. 38 weeks (16, 20, 27, 33 weeks). I’m up to 133lbs (have never seen that number before!) a total of 19 pounds (I lost a few pounds a week ago because I couldn’t eat but have put it back on, thankfully!), and feel like my belly is about to explode. My lungs are quite crushed and I’m almost positive I have a few broken ribs in there–or at least that’s how it feels! All seems healthy and well, so for that–we are very thankful. Hopefully the next pregnancy post is of Baby Boy Hutch in our arms! Wish us luck! 🙂